The North End Neighborhood Association will play a significant role to mitigate the local effects of the current crisis. Though NENA is obviously identified with the North End, we are also part of the wider Boise community and will not restrict our efforts to the North End.
NENA will act as an aggregator. We do not claim to have the experience or resources to offer our own community service programs, so we will raise and allocate funding to partners with excellent frontline service efforts.
So far, NENA has raised almost $10,000 and distributed over $32,000, drawing on its own reserves, to support a number of important local organizations doing critical community service:
- Jesse Tree provides a hand up to people experiencing a financial crisis, empowering them to remain in their homes.
- Interfaith Sanctuary Shelter serves people of all genders, races, religions, and sexual orientation, as well as families with children, by providing safe overnight emergency shelter and practical services to transition out of homelessness.
- Faces of Hope meets the medical, legal, safety, education and basic needs of individuals and families in a warm and welcoming environment. Specifically, they help those affected by domestic violence, sexual violence, child abuse, elder abuse, and stalking.
- City of Good was created by Boise businesses and civic organizations to feed those who are isolated or in need in our community – and put people back to work in this effort during our challenging time of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Life’s Kitchen provides a 16 week food service and life skills training program for young adults ages 16-20 years old who face significant barriers to success. Food is provided to various school programs and homeless shelters.
We plan to do a lot more – with your help. NENA has formed a committee of three NENA Board members and three outside members to drive the effort. We’re asking you (individuals and businesses) to contribute in any amount to support our community.
OR… Send checks (payable to North End Neighborhood Association) to:
NENA Aid Program
PO Box 1235
Boise, ID 83701
NENA is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Contributions generally are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. They may be deductible as trade or business expenses, if ordinary and necessary in the conduct of the taxpayer’s business. If taking a deduction is important to you, please consult your tax adviser or donate directly to the organizations listed here.