Funds to Improve the North End grants are one way that NENA gives back to the neighborhood. Grants of up to $500 are available for a wide variety of projects to make the North End a better place.
Recent grants have included funding for a community garden, traffic-safety signs, sidewalk stamps and air conditioners for elderly residents.
The North End Neighborhood Association awards up to 10 grants per year, on a quarterly basis. NENA Board members will review applications at Board meetings the last Tuesday of every January, April, July, and October. Applicants are welcome to attend the Board meetings, but are not required to do so.
The funds for this program come directly from our annual neighborhood fundraiser, Hyde Park Street Fair.
NENA also awards annual grants to our neighborhood schools. Applications for school grants will be sent directly to school principals.
FINE Grant Guidelines
1) Activities must be executed within the North End Neighborhood Association boundaries (State Street north to Hill Road, and from 4th Street on the east to 28th Street on the west).
2) Requestor must live or work within the North End Neighborhood Association boundaries.
3) Activities should be exclusive to not-for-profit entities or those whose project does not exclusively sup-port for-profit entities.
4) Activities should be limited to infrastructure projects OR non-infrastructure projects that benefit a reasonable number of residents who live or work within the neighborhood boundaries.
How To Apply
Please write up to two pages with the following information:
1. Name: Name, phone number, e-mail and address of contact person.
2. Organization: Name and mission of organization (if applicable).
3. Request: What do you intend to do with the funding?
4. North End Impact: Why/how will your request make the North End a better place?
5. Need: Why do you need the money?
6. Timeline: A summary of dates about how your project/idea will be implemented.
Send completed applications to:
NENA Fine Grants
P.O. Box 1235
Boise, ID 83701
Applications will be reviewed quarterly, on the final Tuesday of January, April, July, and October.